Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 10: Sinarabsab & Inihaw na Talong

Making Sinarabsab - the Ilokano version of Inihaw na Baboy - requires a marinating mixture of vinegar and other condiments to make flavorful grilled meat. But I read an interesting Sinarabsab recipe on the internet sometime ago that utilized tamarind/sinigang powder in order to simplify the marinating process. I took note of the idea and decided to apply it to my own recipe. Here's how:

I made a dry rub by mixing one (1) 25g packet of Sinigang sa Miso mix to a tablespoon of brown sugar and half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I rubbed the mixture all over half a kilo of pork liempo. I set the meat aside in the refrigerator for thirty minutes to develop the flavors. I grilled the pork till done and chopped it to bite-size pieces. It is good served with a relish of tomatoes, garlic and spring onions.

I also grilled a few eggplants and served them with bagoong alamang and chopped green mangoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment